COLUMBIA, S.C. – Four members of Robinson Gray law firm have received the “Lawyer of the Year” award for 2023 in their respective practice areas from The Best Lawyers in America®.
The four are recognized for practicing in the following areas in Columbia:
- Frank Ellerbe – Utilities Law
- Kevin Bell – Insurance Law
- Bill Metzger – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Rob Tyson – Litigation-Trusts and Estates
The four are among 20 Robinson Gray attorneys named in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers. The rest are:
Grady Beard; Kevin Garrison; Benjamin Gooding; Betsy Gray; Nick Haigler; Paul Hoefer; Becky Laffitte; Gibbs Leaphart; Michael Montgomery; Kelly Morrow; Shannon Till Poteat; Beth Richardson; Kerk Spong; Bobby Stepp; Monty Todd; and Cal Watson.
Three others were named to the publication’s “Ones to Watch” list: Chris Boguski; La’Jessica Stringfellow; and Lisle Traywick.
Best Lawyers gives the Lawyer of the Year award to individuals with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each practice area and location.
“As gratifying as it is for all of us named by Best Lawyers this year,” said Cal Watson, who is the law firm’s managing member, “We’re especially proud to see that Frank, Kevin, Bill and Rob received this elevated distinction.”
The Best Lawyers in America, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. For more information, go to https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology.
- Attorney Sarah Frierson joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Attorney Lizzie Weston joins Robinson Gray law firm as an associate
- Robinson Gray moves into WestLawn, its exciting new home in the BullStreet District
- My Personal Reflections … Remembering the Past and Embracing the Future
- Best Lawyers honors 23 at Robinson Gray for 2023, four named Lawyers of the Year
- Four Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2023 by Best Lawyers
- Columbia Business Monthly names eight Robinson Gray attorneys to ‘Legal Elite’ for 2022
- Kevin Garrison named to real estate law Power List