COLUMBIA, S.C. – Special Olympics South Carolina has named Ashley Johnson, an associate with Robinson Gray law firm, to its board of directors.
The mission of Special Olympics South Carolina is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. These events help the athletes develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, teammates, and the community.
Ashley is involved in the local community in a variety of ways. She serves on the City of Columbia’s Design Development and Review Commission. She is also active in the South Carolina Bar’s Young Lawyer’s Division and Junior Achievement.
Ashley’s practice at Robinson Gray focuses on workers’ compensation. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina in 2010 and her Juris Doctor from the USC School of Law in 2013. She was a law clerk to the Honorable DeAndrea Gist Benjamin, South Carolina Circuit Court Judge for the Fifth Judicial Circuit. She entered private practice in Columbia in June 2014.
“We’re very pleased to see Ashley expanding her service to the community in this way,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “This is a big part of what Robinson Gray is about.”
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021
- Maura Greg joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Chambers USA cites Robinson Gray for excellence in general commercial litigation
- Robinson Gray adopts Vision and Mission statements on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Michael Montgomery and Nick Haigler join executive committee of Robinson Gray