COLUMBIA, SC – Celeste Bowers, an associate with Robinson Gray law firm in Columbia, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Palmetto Land Title Association.
She was elected as a director at the PLTA Annual Spring Convention on April 12.
The PLTA works to maintain professional standards and ethics in the title industry in South Carolina, providing educational programs and industry information for its members, and otherwise promoting the advancement of the industry.
“The Palmetto Land Title Association has advocated for our industry since 1977, and I’m honored and excited to have been elected to the Board of Directors,” Celeste said.
Celeste focuses her practice at Robinson Gray on commercial transactions, real estate development, and real estate litigation. She advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including but not limited to closings, title issues, and contract formation, negotiation, and interpretation.
While pursuing her Juris Doctorate at the University of South Carolina School of Law, Celeste completed an International Master of Business Administration at USC’s Darla Moore School of Business, earning both degrees in 2011. She earned her bachelor’s degree in political science at USC in 2005.
“We’re pleased to see Celeste taking on this leadership position,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “It shows that the title industry fully appreciates the value of her contributions to the field in South Carolina.”
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class
- 17 Robinson Gray attorneys named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2019
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA