COLUMBIA, SC – Celeste Bowers, an associate with Robinson Gray law firm in Columbia, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Palmetto Land Title Association.
She was elected as a director at the PLTA Annual Spring Convention on April 12.
The PLTA works to maintain professional standards and ethics in the title industry in South Carolina, providing educational programs and industry information for its members, and otherwise promoting the advancement of the industry.
“The Palmetto Land Title Association has advocated for our industry since 1977, and I’m honored and excited to have been elected to the Board of Directors,” Celeste said.
Celeste focuses her practice at Robinson Gray on commercial transactions, real estate development, and real estate litigation. She advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including but not limited to closings, title issues, and contract formation, negotiation, and interpretation.
While pursuing her Juris Doctorate at the University of South Carolina School of Law, Celeste completed an International Master of Business Administration at USC’s Darla Moore School of Business, earning both degrees in 2011. She earned her bachelor’s degree in political science at USC in 2005.
“We’re pleased to see Celeste taking on this leadership position,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “It shows that the title industry fully appreciates the value of her contributions to the field in South Carolina.”
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers
- Jasmine Smith named to SC Top 40 Under 40 list by National Black Lawyers
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division