COLUMBIA, S.C. – Jasmine D. Smith, an associate with Sowell Gray Robinson law firm in Columbia, has been appointed to the board of Sistercare, a local nonprofit that helps survivors of domestic abuse.
“I am proud to have the chance to help Sistercare accomplish its mission of empowering survivors and their children to live free of domestic violence,” Jasmine said.
Sistercare provides services and advocates for domestic violence survivors and their children, giving shelter and support in Richland, Lexington, Kershaw, Newberry and Fairfield counties. It also promotes prevention of domestic violence through community awareness and training. Its services include emergency shelter, a 24-hour crisis line, group counseling, legal advocacy, children’s counseling, individual counseling, and post-shelter follow-up services.
A 2012 graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law, Jasmine focuses her practice in workers’ compensation defense. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she clerked for both the Honorable John D. Geathers and the Honorable Jasper M. Cureton at the South Carolina Court of Appeals. As a former appellate law clerk and staff attorney, she offers a valuable perspective on presenting issues before an appellate court. Before law school, Jasmine obtained an Education Specialist degree in Counselor Education, specializing in marriage and family therapy.
Jasmine is very active in the South Carolina Bar and her community, serving on numerous committees and boards. She uses her background in counseling and therapy to assist the legal community as well as organizations such as Sistercare.
- Ashley Lamb named diversity coordinator at Robinson Gray
- Celeste Bowers joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Betsy Gray named to the South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Hall of Fame
- Robinson Gray included in 2019 Best Law Firms in America
- Grady Beard awarded SCWCEA 2018 Lifetime Service Award
- Making it Rain: Elizabeth Van Doren Gray and Rebecca Laffitte
- Business Income Tax Reporting and Municipal Code Updates
- Robinson Gray Attorneys listed in 2019 edition of Best Lawyers in America, one named “Lawyer of the Year”