Tyler Winton has joined Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC as an associate.
A 2005 summa cum laude graduate of Vanderbilt University, Tyler received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2008, where he was a Competition Team Member of the Moot Court Bar and served on the Editorial Board of the Southeastern Environmental Law Journal. Tyler also served as student representative on the Faculty Selection Committee and received the CALIAward (formerly American Jurisprudence Award) for Interviewing, Counseling & Negotiating in the fall of 2006.
A member of the American Bar Association, the Richland County Bar Association, and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, Tyler is admitted to the South Carolina Bar. He has been a Pro Bono Board Member of the USC School of Law since 2007.
A passionate traveler, Tyler has just returned from a 90-day trip around the world, during which he experienced such adventures as trekking through the Himalayas to the Mt. Everest base camp, surfing in Rio de Janeiro, and cliff diving in Thailand. Tyler loves experiencing different cultures and giving back as a volunteer whenever possible.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals.
- Kevin Garrison named to real estate law Power List
- Robinson Gray recognized with South Carolina Bar’s Pro Bono Award
- La’Jessica Stringfellow installed as member of ABA House of Delegates
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021