COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – Robinson Gray has been named in the top tier for the Columbia metropolitan area in ten practice areas in the 2019 edition of “Best Law Firms,” a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation.
The firm received Tier 1 ranking in the following practice areas:
• Commercial Litigation
• Energy Regulatory Law
• Insurance Law
• Litigation – Construction
• Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
• Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
• Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
• Professional Malpractice Law Defendants
• Real Estate Law
• Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
The firm was also recognized in seven other areas: Administrative/Regulatory Law, Appellate Practice, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Business Organization (including LLCs and Partnerships), Litigation – Environmental, Utilities Law, and Banking and Finance Law.
To be eligible for a ranking, law firms must have at least one lawyer included in Best Lawyers. Recently, Best Lawyers in America selected 15 Robinson Gray attorneys for inclusion in its 2019 edition. Grady Beard, Kevin Bell, Tina Cundari, Frank Ellerbe, Kevin Garrison, Betsy Gray, Nick Haigler, Becky Laffitte, Wilson McDonald, Bill Metzger, Michael Montgomery, Kerk Spong, Bobby Stepp, Monty Todd and Cal Watson were all recognized in the publication, with Bill Metzger named Lawyer of the Year in Columbia, SC in the area of Banking and Finance Law.
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA
- Veteran tax attorney Timothy Thompson joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Beth Richardson joins Spring 2019 Class of Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Celeste Bowers joins board of Palmetto Land Title Association
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named Super Lawyers; five named Rising Stars
- Ashley Johnson joins Columbia’s Design Development and Review Commission
- Robinson Gray member Bobby Stepp honored at Leadership in Law awards