COLUMBIA, S.C. – The American Bar Association has named Ashley Dixon, an associate with Robinson Gray law firm, as an ABA Free Legal Answers Pro Bono Leader for 2021.
This is in recognition of the 74 civil legal questions she answered on an unpaid, volunteer basis during the year.
“On behalf of the ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service, it is my honor to acknowledge your sincere dedication to pro bono service through participation in ABA Free Legal Answers,” wrote David F. Bienvenu, chair of the ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service. “Through your exceptional pro bono service, you are helping to ensure that tens of thousands of low-income individuals across this country are receiving the legal help they deserve.”
The committee’s mission is stated on its website as “to ensure access to justice through the expansion and enhancement of the delivery of legal and other law-related services to the underserved through volunteer efforts of legal professionals nationwide.”
“We are very pleased with Ashley’s extraordinary service in this area that has long been an important one to all of us at Robinson Gray,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “This continues a proud tradition.”
The ABA named the firm overall as a “Pro Bono Leader” for South Carolina in 2020.
Ashley Dixon focuses her practice in workers’ compensation defense. She is a 2012 graduate of North Carolina State University, and received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2015. After law school, Ashley clerked for the Honorable Steven H. John of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit.
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021
- Robinson Gray’s Ashley Lamb to participate in Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named a star by South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Molly Campolong of Robinson Gray becomes president of CREW-Midlands