COLUMBIA, S.C. – Ashley Johnson, an associate with Robinson Gray law firm, has been recognized by the South Carolina Bar’s Young Lawyers Division as a “Star of the Quarter.”
She received the recognition for organizing this year’s Community Law Week – an annual event that promotes the legal profession while serving the community. Ashley transitioned the projects during the pandemic in order to safely provide vital services to the community.
As part of Community Law Week, Ashley helped arrange meals for frontline hospital workers during the COVID crisis, and co-chaired the S.C. Legal Feeding Frenzy, which supports the state’s food banks and food rescue organizations. The Feeding Frenzy raised enough for 28,255 meals for South Carolinians in need of food assistance.
“This award is given to those members who have unselfishly devoted their valuable time to the furtherance of YLD’s initiatives,” said the official letter from the Bar.
In addition to her service through the Bar’s Young Lawyer’s Division, Ashley is a member of the South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, the S.C. Black Lawyers’ Association, and the S.C. Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association. She also mentors law students at the University of South Carolina.
Ashley’s practice at Robinson Gray focuses on workers’ compensation. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina in 2010 and juris doctorate from the USC School of Law in 2013. She was a law clerk to the Honorable DeAndrea Gist Benjamin, South Carolina Circuit Court Judge for the Fifth Judicial Circuit. She entered private practice in Columbia in June 2014.
“Ashley’s service to her profession and the community is very much in keeping with the values and traditions of Robinson Gray,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “It’s gratifying to see her receive this notice.”
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers
- Jasmine Smith named to SC Top 40 Under 40 list by National Black Lawyers
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division