COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – The South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (SCWCEA) has awarded Grady Beard with its Lifetime Service Award.
The award honors individuals who have contributed significantly to the success and betterment of the SCWCEA and/or the South Carolina workers’ compensation system.
The Lifetime Service Award is not given annually. It is given sparingly and only to those individuals who have made it their life’s work to enhance the SCWCEA and/or the Workers’ Compensation System in South Carolina.
“Grady has been a devoted member of the SCWCEA. His leadership has been a real asset to our organization. He’s served as a board member, and treasurer, as chair of our 2018 Annual Educational Conference on Workers’ Compensation, and spearheaded several other committees and meetings over the years,” said Donna Croom, SCWCEA Executive Director.
Grady is a graduate of the Emory School of Law. He is co-author of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina, Sixth Edition, a comprehensive book analyzing this complex area of law. He is a Fellow in The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers and is a member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. He is active in the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association and has been recognized by Best Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation since 2008.
“The Lifetime Service Award is a tribute to Grady’s work in Workers’ Compensation Law. He’s a leader in the industry and in our community. All of us are very proud of our partner and friend,” said Robinson Gray’s Managing Partner Cal Watson.
About the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
The SCWCEA is a non-profit organization of over 900 workers’’compensation professionals from throughout the United States. It conducts educational programs and provides educational resources for its members and the general public pertaining to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act and its administration by the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. These programs and resources keep our members up-to-date on the very latest on medical and legal issues related to workers’ comp. For information, visit scwcea.org.
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class
- 17 Robinson Gray attorneys named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2019
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA