COLUMBIA, S.C. – Robinson Gray has again been named to the top tier in the Columbia area for 12 practice areas in the 2021 edition of “Best Law Firms,” a U.S. News-Best Lawyers® publication that highlights the top practices in the nation.
Here are Robinson Gray’s Tier 1 rankings for the metropolitan area:
- Administrative/Regulatory Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation-Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Real Estate Law
- Workers” Compensation Law-Employers
The firm was also recognized in five other areas: Banking and Finance Law; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Litigation-Environmental; and Utilities Law.
To be eligible for a ranking, law firms must have at least one lawyer included in that year’s The Best Lawyers in America list. Recently, Best Lawyers selected 18 Robinson Gray attorneys for inclusion in its 2021 edition. They were Grady Beard, Kevin Bell, Beth Richardson, Frank Ellerbe, Kevin Garrison, Betsy Gray, Nick Haigler, Paul Hoefer, Becky Laffitte, Gibbs Leaphart, Bill Metzger, Michael Montgomery, Shannon Poteat, Kerk Spong, Bobby Stepp, Monty Todd, Rob Tyson, and Cal Watson.
Also, three of those – Frank Ellerbe, Bill Metzger and Becky Laffitte – were singled out as Best Lawyers of the Year.
Best Lawyers also named two Robinson Gray attorneys to its new Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list: Chris Boguski and Ashley Johnson.
Best Lawyers in America, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities. For more information, see https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.
- Robinson Gray named to Tier 1 of Best Law Firms in Columbia in 12 practice areas
- Jasmine Smith to participate in Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Robinson Gray is Moving to BullStreet in 2022
- Haley Saxby joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch