COLUMBIA, S.C. – Robinson Gray has been named in the top tier for the Columbia area in 12 practice areas in the 2020 edition of “Best Law Firms,” a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation.
That’s two more practice areas than last year. Here are the new Tier 1 rankings for Robinson Gray in the metropolitan area:
- Administrative/Regulatory Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation – Construction
- Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Real Estate Law
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
The firm was also recognized in five other areas: Banking and Finance Law; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Litigation – Environmental; and Utilities Law.
To be eligible for a ranking, law firms must have at least one lawyer included in Best Lawyers. Recently, Best Lawyers in America selected 16 Robinson Gray attorneys for inclusion in its 2020 edition. They are Grady Beard, Kevin Bell, Beth Richardson, Frank Ellerbe, Kevin Garrison, Betsy Gray, Nick Haigler, Becky Laffitte, Bill Metzger, Michael Montgomery, Shannon Poteat, Kerk Spong, Bobby Stepp, Monty Todd, Rob Tyson and Cal Watson.
In addition, member Betsy Gray is the 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” award recipient in the category of Bet-the-Company Litigation in Columbia, and member Frank Ellerbe received the same honor for Columbia in the area of Administrative/Regulatory Law.
Best Lawyers in America, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities. For more information, see https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Sam Wellborn becomes vice chair of SC Bar’s Diversity Committee
- Robinson Gray Anti-Racism Statement
- Chambers USA names Robinson Gray a ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation
- COVID-19 and small business UPDATE: Critical changes to PPP passed by senate
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success