COLUMBIA, S.C. – Beth Burke Richardson, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, is one of 25 women in the Midlands who have been selected as 2019 Women of Influence by the Columbia Regional Business Report.
CRBR annually honors women who are setting the pace in their careers as well as working to make the Midlands a better place. Nominated by readers of the business publication, the 25 were chosen by a panel of judges. This year’s honorees include leaders in law, architecture, higher education, and real estate.
A profile of each woman will be published in the Aug. 12 issue of CRBR, and they will be honored at a luncheon on Aug. 22.
Beth’s law practice at Robinson Gray focuses on business disputes of all kinds, in courtroom and arbitration settings, including FINRA. Her clients include publicly traded and private companies, and their officers and employees, operating in a wide array of industries such as real estate development, insurance, energy and utility, restaurant and retail, financial investing, and health care. Beth also regularly assists other lawyers in ethics matters.
Beth is highly active in the community, having served on the boards of Central Carolina Community Foundation, East Point Academy, and the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network. She also served as Chair of the Board of New Morning Foundation.
She received her undergraduate degree in Women’s Studies from Duke University in 1997 and her juris doctorate from Washington University Law School in St. Louis in 2001.
“Columbia Regional Business Report and its readers have chosen well,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “Beth is an outstanding leader in her profession and in the larger community, and we are proud to see her receive this recognition for her accomplishments.”
- Kerk Spong named as Small Business Bankruptcy Trustee in the District of South Carolina
- Kelly Morrow joins board of Kids’ Chance of South Carolina
- Grady Beard named vice president of SCWCEA
- Janie Langdale joins Robinson Gray as director of marketing
- Robinson Gray’s Beth Burke Richardson named to receive Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 2020 Best Law Firms in America
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation