COLUMBIA, S.C. – Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a directory of top lawyers and law firms, has in its 2020 edition once again recognized Robinson Gray for its work in general commercial litigation.
It was one of four South Carolina firms named to the publication’s “Band 1” listing in that practice area. The firm was first honored in Chambers USA in 2006.
“Band 1” is the highest rating offered and is based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities valued by clients.
As it did last year, Chambers in particular singled out three Robinson Gray attorneys: Betsy Gray, Bobby Stepp and Cal Watson.
Chambers said Gray “maintains a distinguished reputation as a litigator, with considerable experience in handling commercial disputes as well as professional liability and securities matters.” It cited Stepp’s “many years’ experience handling complex commercial litigation.” And regarding Watson, it said he is “experienced in handling complex commercial litigation and disputes concerning insurance and professional liability.”
Chambers guides are based upon in-depth interviews by the largest research team of its kind and are trusted globally to rank the world’s top lawyers and law firms. Law firms and individual lawyers are ranked in bands from 1 – 6, with 1 being the highest.
Chambers’ ranking tables are compiled through assessment of a firm’s work and opinions from external market sources, with an emphasis on client feedback. Firms and lawyers need to demonstrate sustained excellence in order to be ranked in the guide. For more information about this recognition, visit https://chambers.com/research/methodology.
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers
- Jasmine Smith named to SC Top 40 Under 40 list by National Black Lawyers
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division