Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte lawyers Grady L. Beard, Marcy J. Lamar, and Daniel W. Hayes have co-authored the new Fifth Edition of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina.
The original edition of the book has served as the preeminent resource on the complex legal issues associated with workers’ compensation in South Carolina. Passage of the Workers’ Compensation Reform Act of 2007 required extensive coverage in this new edition, including discussion of the elimination of the Second Injury Fund, stricter guidelines for repetitive trauma and stress/mental claims, the addition of new scheduled members, and important changes in filing requirements. The new edition also covers caselaw through May of 2008.
The book is published by the South Carolina Bar’s Continuing Legal Education Division and is available at www.scbar.org.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals.
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?