Grady Beard, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, has been named president of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association.
The SCWCEA is an organization that conducts seminars and programs designed to educate those involved in workers’ compensation claims in the state – attorneys as well as employers, human resource managers, adjusters, government officials and others who work in the system.
Grady has previously served as the organization’s vice president and treasurer. He was also, in 2018, recipient of SCWCEA’s Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors individuals who have contributed significantly to the success and betterment of the SCWCEA and/or the South Carolina workers’ compensation system. The award is not given annually, but only on rare occasions, to individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution.
Grady is a graduate of the Emory School of Law. He is a co-author of the recent seventh edition of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina, a comprehensive book analyzing this complex area of law. He is a fellow in The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers and is a member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. He is active in the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, and has been recognized repeatedly by Best Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation.
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021
- Robinson Gray’s Ashley Lamb to participate in Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named a star by South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Molly Campolong of Robinson Gray becomes president of CREW-Midlands