Grady Beard, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, has been named vice president of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association.
The SCWCEA is an organization that conducts seminars and programs designed to educate those involved in workers’ compensation claims in the state – attorneys as well as employers, human resource managers, adjusters, government officials and others who work in the system.
Grady was previously the organization’s treasurer. He was also, in 2018, recipient of SCWCEA’s Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors individuals who have contributed significantly to the success and betterment of the SCWCEA and/or the South Carolina workers’ compensation system. The award is not given annually, but only on rare occasions, to individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution.
Grady is a graduate of the Emory School of Law. He is a co-author of the recent seventh edition of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina, a comprehensive book analyzing this complex area of law. He is a fellow in The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers and is a member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. He is active in the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, and has been recognized repeatedly by Best Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation.
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers
- Jasmine Smith named to SC Top 40 Under 40 list by National Black Lawyers
- Thirteen Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2020
- La’Jessica Stringfellow named Star of the Quarter by ABA Young Lawyers Division