Grady Beard, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, has been named vice president of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association.
The SCWCEA is an organization that conducts seminars and programs designed to educate those involved in workers’ compensation claims in the state – attorneys as well as employers, human resource managers, adjusters, government officials and others who work in the system.
Grady was previously the organization’s treasurer. He was also, in 2018, recipient of SCWCEA’s Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors individuals who have contributed significantly to the success and betterment of the SCWCEA and/or the South Carolina workers’ compensation system. The award is not given annually, but only on rare occasions, to individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution.
Grady is a graduate of the Emory School of Law. He is a co-author of the recent seventh edition of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina, a comprehensive book analyzing this complex area of law. He is a fellow in The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers and is a member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. He is active in the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, and has been recognized repeatedly by Best Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation.
- Robinson Gray Anti-Racism Statement
- Chambers USA names Robinson Gray a ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation
- COVID-19 and small business UPDATE: Critical changes to PPP passed by senate
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines