Grady Beard, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, has been named vice president of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association.
The SCWCEA is an organization that conducts seminars and programs designed to educate those involved in workers’ compensation claims in the state – attorneys as well as employers, human resource managers, adjusters, government officials and others who work in the system.
Grady was previously the organization’s treasurer. He was also, in 2018, recipient of SCWCEA’s Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors individuals who have contributed significantly to the success and betterment of the SCWCEA and/or the South Carolina workers’ compensation system. The award is not given annually, but only on rare occasions, to individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution.
Grady is a graduate of the Emory School of Law. He is a co-author of the recent seventh edition of The Law of Workers’ Compensation Insurance in South Carolina, a comprehensive book analyzing this complex area of law. He is a fellow in The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers and is a member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. He is active in the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, and has been recognized repeatedly by Best Lawyers for Workers’ Compensation.
- Kerk Spong named as Small Business Bankruptcy Trustee in the District of South Carolina
- Kelly Morrow joins board of Kids’ Chance of South Carolina
- Grady Beard named vice president of SCWCEA
- Janie Langdale joins Robinson Gray as director of marketing
- Robinson Gray’s Beth Burke Richardson named to receive Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 2020 Best Law Firms in America
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation