COLUMBIA, S.C. – Jasmine Smith, an associate with Robinson Gray law firm, has been named to the South Carolina Top 40 Under 40 list for 2020-2021 by National Black Lawyers.
The award is extended, following a rigorous nomination and vetting process, to only forty lawyers in each state. Those selected “exemplify superior qualifications, leadership skills, and performance in their areas of legal practice.” Learn more about the recognition here: https://nbltop100.org/nominations/
“I am deeply honored to have my work as an attorney validated in this way by an organization dedicated to providing minority attorneys with opportunities to share their talents, network with others and grow professionally,” Jasmine said.
National Black Lawyers aims to celebrate legal excellence by promoting attorneys as subject-matter experts, developing a strong national network of top African American attorneys and facilitating the exchange of timely information to enable members to maintain their status as leaders.
Jasmine practices in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability and ethics, probate and estate litigation, and appellate advocacy, focusing on family law.
She earned a Masters in Counselor Education, specializing in marriage and family therapy. After receiving her Juris Doctorate, Jasmine clerked for both the Honorable John D. Geathers and the Honorable Jasper M. Cureton at the South Carolina Court of Appeals. As a former appellate law clerk and staff attorney, Jasmine offers a valuable perspective on presenting issues before an appellate court.
She is very active in the South Carolina Bar and her community, serving on numerous committees and boards.
- Robinson Gray named a ‘2020 Pro Bono Leader’ in SC by ABA
- La’Jessica Stringfellow appointed to SC Access to Justice Commission
- Watson, Metzger named to inaugural list of Go To lawyers for business in SC
- Robinson Gray names attorney Ben Gooding as newest member
- Special Olympics South Carolina names Ashley Johnson to board of directors
- Robinson Gray named to Tier 1 of Best Law Firms in Columbia in 12 practice areas
- Jasmine Smith to participate in Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Robinson Gray is Moving to BullStreet in 2022