COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- Ashley Lamb named diversity coordinator at Robinson Gray
- Celeste Bowers joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Betsy Gray named to the South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Hall of Fame
- Robinson Gray included in 2019 Best Law Firms in America
- Grady Beard awarded SCWCEA 2018 Lifetime Service Award
- Making it Rain: Elizabeth Van Doren Gray and Rebecca Laffitte
- Business Income Tax Reporting and Municipal Code Updates
- Robinson Gray Attorneys listed in 2019 edition of Best Lawyers in America, one named “Lawyer of the Year”