COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA
- Veteran tax attorney Timothy Thompson joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Beth Richardson joins Spring 2019 Class of Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Celeste Bowers joins board of Palmetto Land Title Association
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named Super Lawyers; five named Rising Stars
- Ashley Johnson joins Columbia’s Design Development and Review Commission
- Robinson Gray member Bobby Stepp honored at Leadership in Law awards