COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- Robinson Gray Anti-Racism Statement
- Chambers USA names Robinson Gray a ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation
- COVID-19 and small business UPDATE: Critical changes to PPP passed by senate
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines