COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- Robinson Gray’s Beth Burke Richardson named to receive Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 2020 Best Law Firms in America
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation
- Lisle Traywick joins the board of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Beth Richardson sworn in as president of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Check out our workers’ compensation calculators
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate