COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021
- Maura Greg joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Chambers USA cites Robinson Gray for excellence in general commercial litigation
- Robinson Gray adopts Vision and Mission statements on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Michael Montgomery and Nick Haigler join executive committee of Robinson Gray