COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- Bill Metzger receives ‘Crusty Crab Award’ from Meritas
- Meredith Ann Krzyston joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Kelly Morrow joins Robinson Gray as member
- Michael Montgomery appointed to Palmetto Health Foundation board
- Shannon Till Poteat joins Robinson Gray as member
- Jasmine Smith appointed to the SC Women Lawyers Association Board of Directors
- Kevin Garrison named to Clemson Board of Visitors