COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia native Rachel M. Hutchens has joined Sowell Gray Robinson law firm as an associate.
Rachel focuses her practice on litigation involving premises liability, automobile torts and insurance coverage, as well as personal injury defense. She also has experience in commercial leasing and transitions for corporate clients.
She graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College in 2006, receiving her bachelor’s degree in English and History. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, where she served as a constitutional law tutor and was a member of the ABA Real Property Probate and Trust Law Journal. Rachel earned her Juris Doctor in 2009.
In 2009, she became a member of the South Carolina Bar and subsequently served as law clerk to the Honorable Dennis Shedd in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, she practiced in Columbia with another law firm for five years.
- Robinson Gray recognized with South Carolina Bar’s Pro Bono Award
- La’Jessica Stringfellow installed as member of ABA House of Delegates
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021
- Robinson Gray’s Ashley Lamb to participate in Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative