Sowell Gray Robinson member Rob Tyson has been named Lawyer of the Year for 2018 by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly.
He received the recognition at the annual S.C. Lawyers Weekly Leadership in Law Awards event in Charleston on March 23. Here is an article from the magazine about Rob and the award.
When Tyson received the top honor, he was one of 30 S.C. attorneys being honored at the event, along with fellow Sowell Gray Robinson member Nick Haigler.
The Leadership in Law Awards honor outstanding members of South Carolina’s legal community who have excelled in their law practice, made significant contributions to society, and had an impact on the practice of law.
Tyson practices in the areas of business litigation, administrative law, and election law. He has represented clients before the South Carolina Supreme Court and other levels of state and federal courts and has appeared before many local and state government entities. He has extensive experience in matters involving utility companies and has been certified as a South Carolina mediator.
Tyson has an active government law practice in which he has represented clients in redistricting matters and in numerous ethics’ disputes. He has litigated numerous election disputes, ranging from challenges to candidate qualifications to election protests. As part of his service to the community, Tyson served on the Richland One School Board and the Leukemia Society Light the Night Executive Committee. He also volunteers for the Midlands Mediation Center, a group that provides mediators for small claim matters in magistrate court, and works with the youth of his church, Shandon United Methodist Church.
Honorees for the Leadership in Law Awards “are nominated by their peers and selected by a panel of independent legal professional leaders based on professional accomplishment, personal accomplishment, and community involvement within the Palmetto State.” Learn more about the awards here: https://sclawyersweekly.com/leadership-in-law-faq/.
- Kerk Spong named as Small Business Bankruptcy Trustee in the District of South Carolina
- Kelly Morrow joins board of Kids’ Chance of South Carolina
- Grady Beard named vice president of SCWCEA
- Janie Langdale joins Robinson Gray as director of marketing
- Robinson Gray’s Beth Burke Richardson named to receive Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 2020 Best Law Firms in America
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation