COLUMBIA, S.C. – Robinson Gray has been named a “2020 Pro Bono Leader” for South Carolina by the American Bar Association.
Four other S.C. attorneys also received the recognition, which is given for volunteering their services through the ABA’s Free Legal Answers program.
Free Legal Answers is a website operated by the ABA along with an entity or entities in the state where the client lives. The purpose is to increase access to advice and information about non-criminal legal matters for those who cannot afford it. There is no fee for the use of the system, or for the advice and information provided by the attorney.
Nationwide, a total of 47,937 civil legal questions came through the program in 2020, the most since the launch of the service in 2016. Robinson Gray answered 86 of those questions.
“South Carolina Free Legal Answers is a great option for persons who may not have transportation or who cannot leave work on a weekday to get to an attorney’s office,” said Betsy Goodale, director of the SC Bar Pro Bono Program, in an article on the state bar’s website.
Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member, expressed pride in the recognition, and in particular thanked attorneys La’Jessica Stringfellow and Molly Campolong “for leading Robinson Gray’s pro bono efforts and re-energizing the firm’s program last year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time for this very worthwhile cause.”
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 11 practice areas by Best Law Firms 2022
- Ben Gooding elected to John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Brandon Rattray joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray’s La’Jessica Stringfellow joins Leadership Columbia class of 2022
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021