COLUMBIA, S.C. – Robinson Gray has been named a “2020 Pro Bono Leader” for South Carolina by the American Bar Association.
Four other S.C. attorneys also received the recognition, which is given for volunteering their services through the ABA’s Free Legal Answers program.
Free Legal Answers is a website operated by the ABA along with an entity or entities in the state where the client lives. The purpose is to increase access to advice and information about non-criminal legal matters for those who cannot afford it. There is no fee for the use of the system, or for the advice and information provided by the attorney.
Nationwide, a total of 47,937 civil legal questions came through the program in 2020, the most since the launch of the service in 2016. Robinson Gray answered 86 of those questions.
“South Carolina Free Legal Answers is a great option for persons who may not have transportation or who cannot leave work on a weekday to get to an attorney’s office,” said Betsy Goodale, director of the SC Bar Pro Bono Program, in an article on the state bar’s website.
Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member, expressed pride in the recognition, and in particular thanked attorneys La’Jessica Stringfellow and Molly Campolong “for leading Robinson Gray’s pro bono efforts and re-energizing the firm’s program last year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time for this very worthwhile cause.”
- Maura Greg joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Chambers USA cites Robinson Gray for excellence in general commercial litigation
- Michael Montgomery and Nick Haigler join executive committee of Robinson Gray
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten; four others named Rising Stars
- Robinson Gray named a ‘2020 Pro Bono Leader’ in SC by ABA
- La’Jessica Stringfellow appointed to SC Access to Justice Commission
- Watson, Metzger named to inaugural list of Go To lawyers for business in SC
- Robinson Gray names attorney Ben Gooding as newest member