COLUMBIA, S.C. – Robinson Gray has been named to the top tier in the Columbia area for 11 practice areas in the 2022 edition of “Best Law Firms,” a U.S. News-Best Lawyers® publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation.
Here are Robinson Gray’s Tier 1 rankings for the metropolitan area:
- Administrative/Regulatory Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Real Estate Law
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
The firm was also recognized in nine other areas: Banking and Finance Law; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Energy Law; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Environmental; Litigation – Real Estate; Litigation – Trusts & Estates; and Utilities Law.
To be eligible for a ranking, law firms must have at least one lawyer included in that year’s The Best Lawyers in America list. Recently, Best Lawyers selected 20 Robinson Gray attorneys for inclusion in its 2022 edition. They were Grady Beard, Kevin Bell, Frank Ellerbe, Kevin Garrison, Benjamin Gooding, Betsy Gray, Nick Haigler, Paul Hoefer, Becky Laffitte, Gibbs Leaphart, Bill Metzger, Michael Montgomery, Kelly Morrow, Shannon Poteat, Beth Richardson, Kerk Spong, Bobby Stepp, Monty Todd, Rob Tyson, and Cal Watson.
Two of those – Shannon Poteat and Cal Watson – were additionally honored as Best Lawyers of the Year.
Best Lawyers also named two of the firm’s attorneys to its “Ones to Watch” list: Chris Boguski and La’Jessica Stringfellow.
Best Lawyers in America, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is free of ads, and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities. For more information, see https://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/methodology.aspx.
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 11 practice areas by Best Law Firms 2022
- Ben Gooding elected to John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Brandon Rattray joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray’s La’Jessica Stringfellow joins Leadership Columbia class of 2022
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021