COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Lawyers Weekly has announced that Beth Burke Richardson, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, has been chosen as one of 20 to receive the publication’s Diversity & Inclusion Award for 2019.
The 20 North and South Carolina leaders being honored with the award will be recognized at a luncheon on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at Hilton Charlotte University Place in Charlotte, N.C. Photos of all honorees will appear in the Dec. 9 Lawyers Weekly, which will be available at the luncheon.
In a letter to Richardson, Andrea Mounts, general manager of BridgeTower Media, which publishes both the South Carolina and North Carolina editions of Lawyers Weekly, said “You were nominated by your peers and selected as an honoree by our internal panel of judges for your contribution to the legal community in the area of diversity.”
Beth is the Diversity & Inclusion Team Leader at Robinson Gray. She was a member of the Midlands Spring 2019 Class of the Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative.
Her law practice at Robinson Gray focuses on business disputes of all kinds, in courtroom and arbitration settings, including FINRA. Her clients include publicly traded and private companies and their officers and employees, operating in a wide array of industries such as real estate development, insurance, energy and utility, restaurant and retail, financial investing, and health care. Beth also regularly assists other lawyers in ethics matters.
Beth is also highly active in the community, having served on the boards of Central Carolina Community Foundation, East Point Academy, and the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network and having chaired the board of New Morning Foundation.
She is currently the president of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Earlier this year, Beth was one of 25 Midlands women selected as 2019 Women of Influence by the Columbia Regional Business Report.
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 11 practice areas by Best Law Firms 2022
- Ben Gooding elected to John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Brandon Rattray joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray’s La’Jessica Stringfellow joins Leadership Columbia class of 2022
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021