COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Lawyers Weekly has announced that Beth Burke Richardson, a member with Robinson Gray law firm, has been chosen as one of 20 to receive the publication’s Diversity & Inclusion Award for 2019.
The 20 North and South Carolina leaders being honored with the award will be recognized at a luncheon on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at Hilton Charlotte University Place in Charlotte, N.C. Photos of all honorees will appear in the Dec. 9 Lawyers Weekly, which will be available at the luncheon.
In a letter to Richardson, Andrea Mounts, general manager of BridgeTower Media, which publishes both the South Carolina and North Carolina editions of Lawyers Weekly, said “You were nominated by your peers and selected as an honoree by our internal panel of judges for your contribution to the legal community in the area of diversity.”
Beth is the Diversity & Inclusion Team Leader at Robinson Gray. She was a member of the Midlands Spring 2019 Class of the Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative.
Her law practice at Robinson Gray focuses on business disputes of all kinds, in courtroom and arbitration settings, including FINRA. Her clients include publicly traded and private companies and their officers and employees, operating in a wide array of industries such as real estate development, insurance, energy and utility, restaurant and retail, financial investing, and health care. Beth also regularly assists other lawyers in ethics matters.
Beth is also highly active in the community, having served on the boards of Central Carolina Community Foundation, East Point Academy, and the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network and having chaired the board of New Morning Foundation.
She is currently the president of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Earlier this year, Beth was one of 25 Midlands women selected as 2019 Women of Influence by the Columbia Regional Business Report.
- Kelly Morrow joins board of Kids’ Chance of South Carolina
- Grady Beard named vice president of SCWCEA
- Janie Langdale joins Robinson Gray as director of marketing
- Robinson Gray’s Beth Burke Richardson named to receive Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 2020 Best Law Firms in America
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation
- Lisle Traywick joins the board of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association