Sowell Gray, Robinson McFadden to merge
COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, and Robinson, McFadden and Moore, PC, two law firms with established reputations for excellence and commitment to corporate, insurance and business clients, will merge on January 1, 2017.
Sowell, Gray, Robinson, Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, will combine the strengths of the individual firms in focusing on litigation, counseling, regulatory, corporate, financial services and bankruptcy law.
Both firms have deep roots in the community. Sowell Gray is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Robinson McFadden has a century-long history as one of South Carolina’s premier law firms, and is the only law firm in South Carolina that is a member of Meritas, a global affiliation of commercial law firms.
The merger creates a firm of 30 attorneys, many with long histories of recognition from their peers and established reputations in the legal and business communities. The group includes experienced litigators as well as trusted advisors to businesses, both large and small, local and global, in regulatory and transactional matters.
“We look forward to offering clients the synergies of our two firms, giving them deeper resources with enhanced responsiveness and efficiency,” said Cal Watson, managing partner of Sowell Gray.
“Our commitment to clients is stronger than ever,” said Kevin K. Bell, managing partner with Robinson McFadden. “Being a trusted counselor, providing value and exceptional service, will continue to be our driving principle.”
With the formation of Sowell, Gray, Robinson, Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, clients of both firms will be able to take advantage of new strengths and broader capabilities. The attorneys’ diverse backgrounds, education and legal experience will allow them to better serve a multitude of businesses.
Combining the firms also enables clients to take advantage of the lean efficiency of a single firm capable of serving a wide range of legal needs throughout South Carolina, whether it’s a contract for a corporate merger, a tailored approach to litigation or counseling clients on steps to avoid potential legal difficulties.
Robinson McFadden & Moore
- Founded in 1900
- 13 attorneys
- 10 attorneys honored in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America in a range of practice areas, including commercial litigation, administrative and regulatory law (Lawyer of the Year) and real estate law
- The only South Carolina member of Meritas, a global invitation-only law firm network
Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte
- Founded in 1996
- 19 attorneys
- 8 attorneys were honored in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America, including three Lawyers of the Year for the Columbia Metropolitan Area. The honors covered a range of practice areas, including workers’ compensation, Bet-the-Company litigation and professional malpractice
- Ranked as a top tier firm by Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Dedicated to serving the community through a range of leadership positions and service projects
- Only SC member of the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network