COLUMBIA, S.C. – The 2018 edition of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a directory of top lawyers and law firms, has ranked Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Lafitte, LLC among the nation’s best in general commercial litigation.
Sowell Gray Robinson was one of four South Carolina firms named to Chambers USA’s “Band 1” listing in the practice area. The firm was first honored in Chambers USA in 2006.
Chambers USA in particular recognized the following Sowell Gray Robinson attorneys: Betsy Gray, Bobby Stepp, Biff Sowell and Cal Watson.
“It’s great to be recognized again this year by Chambers USA,” said Watson, the firm’s managing member. “We’re in good company, as one of only four firms chosen.”
“Band 1” is the highest rating offered and is based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities valued by the client.
Chambers described Sowell Gray Robinson as an “exceptionally able specialist litigation firm with an outstanding bench of experienced and high-quality attorneys,” noting that sources say “They have as deep a litigation group as anyone in the state.”
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by the largest research team of its kind and are trusted globally to rank the world’s best lawyers and law firms. Law firms and individual lawyers are ranked in bands from 1 – 6, with 1 being the best. For more information about this recognition, visit this web page.
- Meredith Ann Krzyston joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Kelly Morrow joins Robinson Gray as member
- Michael Montgomery appointed to Palmetto Health Foundation board
- Shannon Till Poteat joins Robinson Gray as member
- Jasmine Smith appointed to the SC Women Lawyers Association Board of Directors
- Kevin Garrison named to Clemson Board of Visitors
- Ashley Lamb named diversity coordinator at Robinson Gray