COLUMBIA, SC – Veteran tax attorney Timothy C. Thompson has joined Robinson Gray law firm as Of Counsel.
This will be a new practice area for the firm, and Thompson brings extensive and diverse experience to the task. A 1993 graduate of The Citadel, he obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1996 before proceeding to earn a Master of Laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida School of Law (School of Taxation).
He began practice with private law firms in South Carolina in 1997, dealing with a wide array of tax-related matters: corporate mergers and acquisitions issues and tax-exempt organization planning and compliance, business formation, business and corporate planning, estate planning, commercial contracts and agreements, and probate administration and litigation.
He knows tax issues from the government side as well. From 2013 to 2015, he served as managing counsel for complex litigation with the South Carolina Department of Revenue, where he managed a team of five attorneys handling internal review and preparation of department determinations through every stage of trial and appeal.
Finally, before joining Robinson Gray, he served as corporate counsel for AgFirst Farm Credit Bank.
“Robinson Gray is an incredible firm of amazing attorneys and just good people,” Tim said. “I am ecstatic about the opportunity to join the team and be a part of its future, doing all I can to live up to the Robinson Gray reputation.”
“Tim brings a new dimension to our growing firm,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member. “Thanks to his coming on board, we can now offer more services to our clients in an area that is critical to their businesses.”
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class
- 17 Robinson Gray attorneys named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2019
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA