Tim concentrates his practice in the areas of business mergers and acquisitions, business succession and legal entity planning, corporate and commercial law, taxation, estate and trust planning, and probate administration.
While his specialty involves tax law and its application across a variety of legal fields, he regularly advises clients on all aspects of business and corporate planning, commercial transactions, and economic development, to include tax credits, grants, and other incentives for commercial real estate developers and business owners.
In addition to his corporate and commercial practice, Tim has extensive experience in family wealth transfer and estate planning, business succession and family trust planning, and probate administration. He is focused on providing high-quality and timely service to his clients and doing all he can to ensure they retain as much of their hard-earned money as possible.
- Represented business owners with regard to all manner of corporate planning, tax advice, and economic development opportunities, as well as business arrangements among owners such as buy-sell agreements.
- Assisted clients with “start-up” limited liability companies, corporations, or partnerships in the planning, development, and documentation of formation, ownership and control, including related tax advice.
- Represented clients (buyers and sellers, businesses and individuals) in various merger and acquisition transactions and assists with related tax planning and advice.
- Counseled family-owned businesses with regard to business continuity planning and related family wealth transfers.
- Advised members and managers of limited liability companies or officers and directors of corporations with regard to their legal responsibilities and liabilities, as well as other company governance issues.
- Counseled businesses with regard to identifying and securing available tax and economic development incentives for corporate relocations or expansions.
- Leadership Charleston, Class of 2013
- Certified Specialist in Taxation, 2002-2015
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- The University of Florida School of Law, School of Taxation, 1997
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 1996
- The Citadel, 1993