COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Lawyers Weekly has named two attorneys from Robinson Gray – Cal Watson and Bill Metzger, both members in the law firm – and 22 other South Carolina attorneys to its first class of “Go To Lawyers in South Carolina” in the practice area of business law.
Cal Watson, the firm’s managing member, is a litigator with experience in complex business and insurance disputes, class actions, and professional liability and ethics. During his 30 years of practice, Cal has represented numerous individuals, local and national businesses, partnerships, insurance companies, and financial institutions. Named by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly as 2015 Lawyer of the Year, Cal has been consistently recognized by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Chambers USA.
Active in the South Carolina Bar, Cal has served as president of the state Bar, president of the South Carolina Bar Foundation, and president of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court.
Bill Metzger practices primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial workouts, bankruptcy and real estate transactions. He is a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy and Debtor-Creditor Law and primarily represents creditors and other parties in real estate development, asset-based financing and other commercial workout and bankruptcy matters. His commercial finance experience includes working with financial institutions and lenders on loans to a variety of different industries.
Bill is consistently engaged in complex workouts and has recently been appointed as a Chapter 11 Trustee, Plan Administrator and Trustee of a Liquidating Trust in significant and complex commercial real estate bankruptcy cases.
The “Go To Lawyer” selection process begins with a nomination from a peer. Nominators are asked to consider whether they would refer clients to the attorney or call upon the attorney if they needed legal help in the particular field. The selection committee also considers the attorney’s signature accomplishments, representative cases and professional distinctions. Read more about the criteria here: https://sclawyersweekly.com/nominate-a-go-to-lawyer/
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 11 practice areas by Best Law Firms 2022
- Ben Gooding elected to John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Brandon Rattray joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray’s La’Jessica Stringfellow joins Leadership Columbia class of 2022
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021