On December 12, Democrat nominee Doug Jones defeated Republican nominee Roy Moore in Alabama’s special election for United States Senate. This election was a hard-fought race with President Donald Trump supporting a losing candidate in the Republican primary and then the controversial Roy Moore. Jones’s margin of victory state-wide was approximately 1.5 percentage points. Interestingly, […]
Columbia, SC – The South Carolina Bar Foundation is proud to announce that Elizabeth Van Doren Gray, member of Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp and Laffitte, LLC, has been selected as the 2017 DuRant Distinguished Public Service Award recipient for meritorious service to the law and community. The DuRant Distinguished Public Service Award was established in […]
Commercial Team leader Bill Metzger is in Frankfurt, Germany, this week for the Meritas Board of Directors & EMEA Regional Meeting. Board members travel from all over the world including the United States, London, Paraguay, Tokyo, Mexico, Singapore, Peru, Germany, Italy, Indonesia, France, Netherlands and Canada. Such a beautiful place for these members to come together!
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Sowell Gray Robinson has been included in the 2018 edition of “Best Law Firms,” a U.S. News-Best Lawyers publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation. Sowell Gray Robinson received a Tier 1 ranking in eight practice areas: Commercial Litigation Energy Regulatory Law Insurance Law Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (Telecom, Energy) […]
On Tuesday, October 3, the US Supreme Court heard oral argument in Gill v. Whitford, a case concerning the constitutionality of partisan gerrymandering in Wisconsin legislative districts. The lower court held the Wisconsin plans violated the constitution by drawing legislative district maps that favored Republicans over Democrats. The Supreme Court last addressed partisan gerrymandering in […]
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?
- While coronavirus is out, your tenants get to stay in … but your lender can’t take it
- COVID-19, force majeure provisions, and impossibility of performance