COLUMBIA, S.C. – Three Robinson Gray members were named “Lawyer of the Year” for 2021 in their respective practice areas in Columbia by The Best Lawyers in America©.
All three were among the 18 Robinson Gray attorneys named to the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Additional recognitions are also awarded to individual lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
Here are the three receiving the “Lawyer of the Year” recognition at Robinson Gray, and the areas in which they were thus honored:
- Frank Ellerbe – Utilities Law
- Bill Metzger – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Becky Laffitte – Insurance Law
Becky Laffitte has been named Lawyer of the Year four times previously – twice in Insurance Law, and once each in Product Liability Litigation, Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants. Frank Ellerbe has also been acknowledged four times – twice in Administrative/Regulatory Law and twice in Litigation-Environmental. Bill Metzger previously received the recognition in the area of Banking and Finance Law in 2019.
The Best Lawyers in America, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. For more information, go to https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology.
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 11 practice areas by Best Law Firms 2022
- Ben Gooding elected to John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Brandon Rattray joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray’s La’Jessica Stringfellow joins Leadership Columbia class of 2022
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021