Frank’s practice is focused on utility-related regulation and litigation, with an emphasis on matters involving the electricity, water, and telecommunications industries.
He also has significant experience in a range of environmental law issues. His work on utility matters has included issues involving electricity, water, wastewater, telephone, and gas regulation before the South Carolina Public Service Commission, where he has appeared for 35 years, as well as extensive experience in utility-related disputes in South Carolina federal and state courts.
Frank represents individuals and entities in disputes involving regulatory and administrative matters and tries cases through jury trials and appeals. He has considerable experience in class-action litigation involving various industries including life insurance, utility easements, replacement glass, and forest resources.
- Best Lawyers in America
- Administrative/Regulatory Law (2017-2022), Lawyer of the Year (2017, 2020, 2023)
- Energy Regulatory Law (2013-2022)
- Litigation-Environmental (2013-2022), Lawyer of the Year (2014, 2018, 2023)
- Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (Telecom, Energy) (2013-2022)
- Utilities Law (2013-2022), Lawyer of the Year (2023)
- Columbia Business Monthly Legal Elite of the Midlands
- Environmental (2020)
- Energy & Utilities (2021)
- Richland County Bar Association
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (1982)
- Washington and Lee University, B.A. (1979)