COLUMBIA, SC – Two members of Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, Betsy Gray and Becky Laffitte have been honored as 2016 Lawyers of the Year while six of their colleagues at the firm were also recognized in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
The national publication places the Sowell Gray members among the top in their practice areas, with Betsy Gray honored as “Bet the Company” Litigation Lawyer of the Year and Becky Laffitte named Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year. According to Best Lawyers, attorneys honored as “Lawyers of the Year,” such as Gray and Laffitte, have received particularly high ratings in surveys from their peers. Best Lawyers awards are presented annually to a single outstanding lawyer within each practice area and city.
Member Tina Cundari, who was one of six other attorneys named, received her first mention in the publication. The eight attorneys being recognized across a variety of practice areas are:
- Grady Beard, Workers’ Compensation Law, Employers
- Tina Cundari, Appellate Practice
- Betsy Gray, “Bet the Company” Litigation Lawyer of the Year; Commercial Litigation
- Becky Laffitte, Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year; Litigation, Construction; Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants; Product Liability Litigation, Defendants; Transportation Law
- Biff Sowell, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Bobby Stepp, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Monty Todd, Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants
- Cal Watson, “Bet the Company” Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Professional Malpractice, Defendants
The directory, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys included in the publication are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities.
Best Law Firms in America, a companion publication to Best Lawyers, is to be released in the fall. For the past five years, Sowell Gray has been included in Best Law Firms. Individual attorneys have been honored for more than a decade, dating back to Sowell’s inclusion in the 2001 edition.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class
- 17 Robinson Gray attorneys named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2019
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA