Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce that attorney Ben Gooding has become the firm’s newest associate.
A native of Evans, Georgia, Ben graduated with honors from the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business with a Bachelor’s of Business Administration degree in finance. While there, he was selected to participate in the business school’s Leadership Fellow program. In 2012, he earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was the research editor for the South Carolina Law Review and received the CALI Award for advanced legal writing. Ben was also a member of both of the law school’s honor societies, the Order of the Wig and Robe and the Order of the Coif. After law school, Ben clerked for the Honorable H. Bruce Williams in the South Carolina Court of Appeals.
“Ben’s background combines business skills with legal experience, which will make him a great asset to our team here at Sowell Gray,” said managing member Cal Watson. “We are extremely pleased to have him join our practice and look forward to offering his insight and skill set to our clients.”
Ben’s practice at Sowell Gray focuses on commercial litigation and business dispute resolution, professional liability and ethics and appellate law.
- Robinson Gray recognized with South Carolina Bar’s Pro Bono Award
- La’Jessica Stringfellow installed as member of ABA House of Delegates
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021
- Robinson Gray’s Ashley Lamb to participate in Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative