COLUMBIA, SC – Eight lawyers from Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte have been chosen for the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, an honor that recognizes them as among the top in their field.
The Sowell Gray attorneys were highlighted in several areas.
- Grady L. Beard, Workers’ Compensation law
- Elizabeth Van Doren Gray, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Daniel W. Hayes, Workers’ Compensation law<
- Rebecca Laffitte, Personal injury Litigation
- Thornwell F. Sowell, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Robert E. Stepp, Commercial Litigation
- Monteith P. Todd, Personal Injury Litigation
- J. Calhoun Watson, “Bet the Company” Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Professional Malpractice
The Sowell Gray attorneys on the Best Lawyers list includes a high percentage of its lawyers, an accomplishment managing partner Cal Watson said is impressive for a firm its size. Each attorney has been listed in at least one previous edition of the guide, and Thornwell Sowell has been listed since 2001.
The directory, used by thousands of lawyers and corporations, is widely regarded as the preeminent referral guide to the legal profession in the United States. Compiled after an exhaustive survey of more than 3 million confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included.
“We’re very pleased that our peers have again recognized the excellent work lawyers at Sowell Gray do to serve our clients on a daily basis,” Watson said. “It’s gratifying that so many of our lawyers have been selected for the guide, and it’s a testimonial to the strength of the firm that we were recognized in so many different areas.”
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Robinson Gray recognized with South Carolina Bar’s Pro Bono Award
- La’Jessica Stringfellow installed as member of ABA House of Delegates
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021
- Robinson Gray’s Ashley Lamb to participate in Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative