Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is proud to announce that 8 of its attorneys have been named to the 2010 edition of Best Lawyers®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
The Sowell Gray lawyers were recognized for the following practice areas:
Grady L. Beard – Workers’ Compensation Law
Elizabeth Van Doren Gray – Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
Daniel W. Hayes – Workers’ Compensation Law
Rebecca Laffitte – Personal Injury Litigation
Thornwell F. Sowell – Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
Robert E. Stepp – Commercial Litigation
Monteith P. Todd – Personal Injury Litigation
J. Calhoun Watson – Commercial Litigation and Professional Malpractice Law
Sowell Gray’s Best Lawyers list includes nearly half of the firm’s attorneys, an accomplishment Managing Member Cal Watson said is impressive for a firm its size.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. For the new U.S. edition, more than 24,126 leading attorneys cast more than 2.8 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties.
Because of the rigorous and transparent methodology used by Best Lawyers, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Steven Naifeh, Managing Editor of Best Lawyers, says, “We continue to believe – as we have believed for 26 years – that recognition by one’s peers is the most meaningful form of recognition in the legal profession.”
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals.
- Robinson Gray recognized with South Carolina Bar’s Pro Bono Award
- La’Jessica Stringfellow installed as member of ABA House of Delegates
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021
- Robinson Gray’s Ashley Lamb to participate in Riley Institute Diversity Leaders Initiative