COLUMBIA, SC – The South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division has named Sowell Gray Robinson lawyer, Jasmine Smith, a recipient of the President’s Award. This award honors Jasmine’s service and leadership in the legal profession.
Jasmine currently serves as co-chair of the Young Lawyers Division Voices Against Violence Committee, where she received the “Outstanding Volunteer Group” Award for a shelter refurbishment project she helped to implement. She also serves as co-chair of the South Carolina Bar Leadership Academy Committee, chair of the Resource Assembly and Website Development committee for the South Carolina Bar Living Above the Bar Wellness Committee and is a member of the Young Lawyers Division Color of Justice Committee.
In addition to her efforts with the South Carolina Bar, Jasmine devotes time to the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. She is slated to serve as vice-director of the Member Resources Team and as a board member of the Membership Board for 2017-2018.
“Jasmine’s leadership in the legal community is a constant reminder of her dedication to our profession,” said Nick Haigler, leader of the workers’ compensation team at Sowell Gray Robinson. “We couldn’t be more pleased than to have the South Carolina Bar recognize her hard work.”
Jasmine has twice received the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter Award and was an American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Scholar.
About Sowell Gray Robinson
After 20 years of practice, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, is proud to merge with the century-old Robinson McFadden & Moore, PC. We are now Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, a South Carolina law firm that offers a tailored, hands-on approach, focusing on Litigation + Business.
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?