Firm News, Accolades
Laffitte named Lawyer of the Year; 6 others also Best Lawyers
COLUMBIA, SC – Becky Laffitte, a founding member of Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, has been honored as the best in Columbia for her work in product liability litigation, while six of her colleagues at the firm also have been recognized in the same national publication.
The acclaim is in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, an honor that places the Sowell Gray members among the top in their practice areas. The “Lawyer of the Year” award Laffitte received is presented annually to a single outstanding lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area.
The attorneys are being recognized across a variety of practice areas, nine in all.
- Grady Beard, Workers’ Compensation Law, Employers
- Betsy Gray, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Becky Laffitte, Insurance Law; Litigation, Construction; Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants; Transportation Law; in addition to Product Liability Litigation, Defendants
- Biff Sowell, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Bobby Stepp, Commercial Litigation
- Monty Todd, Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants
- Cal Watson, “Bet the Company” Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Professional Malpractice, Defendants
The directory, which thousands of lawyers and corporations use annually, is regarded as a definitive guide to the legal profession in the United States. Based on nearly 5 million confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included. All attorneys who are included are subject to peer review within both their practice areas and their cities.
Best Law Firms in America, a companion publication to Best Lawyers, is to be released in the fall. For the past three years, Sowell Gray has been included in Best Law Firms. Individual attorneys have been honored for more than a decade, dating back to Sowell’s inclusion in the 2001 edition.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.