COLUMBIA – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce that attorney Meredith Ross has joined the firm as a new attorney.
Meredith graduated from the University of South Carolina (USC) Honors College in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. She earned a master’s degree in elementary education from Arizona State University in May 2012 and her Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2015.
While in law school, Meredith clerked for the thirteenth judicial circuit solicitor’s office. She was the winner of the J. Lewis Moot Court Competition, served as Chief Justice of the Moot Court Bar, and was a member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court. As an undergraduate at the University of South Carolina, Meredith served as student body president from 2009 to 2010 and was awarded the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award. For two years, while working on her master’s degree in education, she was a member of Teach for America, a national corps of leaders who commit to teaching in low-income schools to increase students’ opportunities in life.
A member of the South Carolina Bar since November 2015, Meredith has served as law clerk to the Honorable Aphrodite K. Konduros and staff attorney for the South Carolina Court of Appeals. She volunteers with the South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice.
“Meredith is an accomplished young leader and an innovative thinker,” said managing member Cal Watson. “Her experience, perspective and passion for helping others make her a perfect fit for our team at Sowell Gray. We look forward to working with her and sharing her skills with our clients.”
Meredith’s practice at Sowell Gray focuses on workers’ compensation.
- Robinson Gray named a ‘2020 Pro Bono Leader’ in SC by ABA
- La’Jessica Stringfellow appointed to SC Access to Justice Commission
- Watson, Metzger named to inaugural list of Go To lawyers for business in SC
- Robinson Gray names attorney Ben Gooding as newest member
- Special Olympics South Carolina names Ashley Johnson to board of directors
- Robinson Gray named to Tier 1 of Best Law Firms in Columbia in 12 practice areas
- Jasmine Smith to participate in Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Robinson Gray is Moving to BullStreet in 2022