Michael Montgomery has joined Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC as an associate. Previously, Michael served as a clerk for the Honorable Costa M. Pleicones, Associate Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court.
A 2003 graduate of Wofford College, Michael received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2006. While in law school, Michael received the CALI Award (formerly American Jurisprudence Award) for Torts II and served on the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Journal.
A member of the American Bar Association, the Richland County Bar Association, and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, Michael is admitted to the South Carolina Bar. He is a member of the School Improvement Council for Pineview Elementary School and an active member of Eastminster Presbyterian Church. Michael also tends his family’s six-generation farm in St. Matthews.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals.
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?