Michael Montgomery has joined Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC as an associate. Previously, Michael served as a clerk for the Honorable Costa M. Pleicones, Associate Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court.
A 2003 graduate of Wofford College, Michael received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2006. While in law school, Michael received the CALI Award (formerly American Jurisprudence Award) for Torts II and served on the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Journal.
A member of the American Bar Association, the Richland County Bar Association, and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, Michael is admitted to the South Carolina Bar. He is a member of the School Improvement Council for Pineview Elementary School and an active member of Eastminster Presbyterian Church. Michael also tends his family’s six-generation farm in St. Matthews.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals.
- Kevin Garrison named to real estate law Power List
- Robinson Gray recognized with South Carolina Bar’s Pro Bono Award
- La’Jessica Stringfellow installed as member of ABA House of Delegates
- Nine at Robinson Gray named to SC Super Lawyers list, with two making Top Ten
- Amanda Mellard joins Robinson Gray as member
- Beth Richardson releases guide to help attorneys practice before the Fourth Circuit
- SC Supreme Court names Robinson Gray’s Lisle Traywick to Pro Bono Honor Roll
- ABA names Robinson Gray’s Ashley Dixon a Pro Bono Leader for 2021