COLUMBIA, S.C. – Sowell Gray Robinson member Michael Montgomery has been invited to join the International Association of Defense Counsel.
The IADC is an invitation-only global legal organization for attorneys who represent corporate and insurance interests. Founded in 1920, it includes members from five continents, more than 45 countries, and all 50 U.S. states. The core purposes of the IADC are to enhance the development of skills, promote professionalism, and facilitate camaraderie among its members and their clients, as well as within the broader civil justice community.
Nominees are vetted by the IADC Membership Committee and the IADC Board of Directors before being extended an invitation. Michael joins Cal Watson and Becky Laffitte as members of IADC from Sowell Gray Robinson.
Michael serves as the leader of Sowell Gray Robinson’s insurance defense team, and he focuses his litigation practice in areas involving premises liability, automobile and trucking torts, insurance coverage, and products liability. He also has experience in handling construction matters, defending medical malpractice claims, and litigation involving administrative agencies.
He enjoys mentoring first-year law students at the University of South Carolina School of Law and also oversees the firm’s law clerk program. He is a member of the executive committee for the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court, as well as the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association.
Learn more about the IADC here: https://www.iadclaw.org.
- Ashley Lamb named diversity coordinator at Robinson Gray
- Celeste Bowers joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Betsy Gray named to the South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Hall of Fame
- Robinson Gray included in 2019 Best Law Firms in America
- Grady Beard awarded SCWCEA 2018 Lifetime Service Award
- Making it Rain: Elizabeth Van Doren Gray and Rebecca Laffitte
- Business Income Tax Reporting and Municipal Code Updates
- Robinson Gray Attorneys listed in 2019 edition of Best Lawyers in America, one named “Lawyer of the Year”