Robinson Gray’s healthcare liability team consists of trial lawyers committed to defending physicians, hospitals, extended care facilities and all types of health care professionals and institutions in a wide variety of specialties throughout the state of South Carolina. Our experience includes handling claims arising from alleged professional negligence and malpractice, disciplinary actions before the South Carolina Medical Board, and disputes regarding hospital credentialing privileges. Our experienced team handles a wide variety of cases, from serious injury to wrongful death cases. Robinson Gray attorneys understand the complex nature of these claims and handle them with the care and sensitivity required when the reputation of a person or an institution is on the line.
In addition to handling matters in litigation, we provide healthcare professionals with the day-to-day legal counsel they need to avoid lawsuits and to resolve suits before litigation is filed.
At Robinson Gray, we pride ourselves on partnering with our clients at all stages of the litigation. We strive to handle all matters effectively and economically from the first stages of litigation through discovery to any necessary appeals. We are here to help you, but first and foremost, we are here to listen to what you need and what you have to say.
Having successfully defended our clients in trials and proceedings in Federal Court and State Court, Robinson Gray’s Health Care Liability team is visible within the medical malpractice legal community and enjoys an excellent reputation among our peers. Our attorneys are active members in numerous professional organizations including The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, the International Association of Defense Counsel, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Defense Research Institute and the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association. We have also been recognized by our peers, having been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America and South Carolina Super Lawyers.
- Represented hospitals, nursing homes, and medical practitioners in numerous medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Represented doctors and medical professionals in licensing and administrative disputes.
- Represented hospice care facilities in malpractice claims.
- Represented medical care providers in correctional facilities in claims asserted by inmates.
- Defended hospitals in medical malpractice claims involving allegations of foreign objects left after surgery.
- Represented pharmacies in prescription misfill cases.
- Defended nursing homes in cases involving improper management of pressure ulcers.
- Represented hospitals and nurses in various medical malpractice claims involving childbirth, including “wrongful life” case.
- Represented physicians in licensing cases and administrative appeals.
- Defended hospitals for claims arising out the alleged spread of infectious diseases.