Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce partner Rob Tyson has been elected to the Board of Directors of the SC Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (SCDTAA).
The purpose of SCDTAA is to promote justice, professionalism and integrity in the civil justice system by bringing together attorneys dedicated to the defense of civil actions. The Association hosts educational programs and acts as an advocate for its members of the defense bar.
“We’re pleased Rob was chosen by his peers to serve in this important role,” said Sowell Gray Managing Member, Cal Watson. “His leadership, management skills, and commitment to serve the legal profession will benefit the Association.”
Tyson also is serving his second two-year term in the South Carolina Bar House of Delegates representing South Carolina’s 5th Judicial Circuit, which is composed of Richland and Kershaw counties. He previously chaired the Government Law Section of the South Carolina Bar Association and is a past member of the Richland One School Board.
Tyson is a graduate of the University of Tennessee and the University of Mississippi School of Law. His practice at Sowell Gray focuses on commercial litigation and business dispute resolution, administrative and regulatory. He joined Sowell Gray in 2001.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?