Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC has been ranked among the nation’s most prominent law firms in key practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers, a publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation, including four Tier One rankings.
Sowell Gray was recognized as a Tier One law firm in four areas: commercial litigation; insurance law; personal injury litigation – defendants; and workers’ compensation law – employers. The firm was also recognized in the areas of litigation – construction and product liability litigation – defendants.
Best Law Firms ranks more than 11,000 firms in 120 practice areas in 170 metropolitan areas and eight states. Rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes client and lawyer evaluations and peer review from leading attorneys in the same practice areas. Clients evaluate firms on benchmarks that include responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, civility and whether they would refer another client to a firm. Law firms in the same practice areas assessed peers in areas including integrity, cost-effectiveness, whether they would refer a matter to a firm and whether they consider a firm worthy competition.
To be eligible for a ranking, a law firm must have at least one lawyer who is included in Best Lawyers. Seven Sowell Gray members – Grady Beard, Betsy Gray, Becky Laffitte, Biff Sowell, Bobby Stepp, Monty Todd and Cal Watson – were highlighted in nine practice areas in that publication. Cal Watson was also named “Bet the Company” Litigation Lawyer of the Year.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Jasmine Smith to participate in Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Robinson Gray is Moving to BullStreet in 2022
- Haley Saxby joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray team members co-author DE&I article in national publication
- Ashley Johnson named Star of the Quarter by SC Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
- Tyson and Traywick teach Election Law at UofSC School of Law
- 18 Robinson Gray lawyers named to Best Lawyers; two listed as Ones to Watch
- Three Robinson Gray members named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 by Best Lawyers