Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC has been ranked among the nation’s most prominent law firms in key practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers, a publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation.
Sowell Gray was recognized as a Tier One law firm in the areas of: commercial litigation; insurance law; personal injury litigation – defendants; and workers’ compensation law – employers. The firm was also recognized in the areas of litigation – construction and product liability litigation – defendants.
“Best Law Firms” ranks more than 11,000 firms in 120 practice areas in 170 metropolitan areas and eight states. Rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes client and lawyer evaluations and peer review from leading attorneys in the same practice areas.
To be eligible for a ranking, a law firm must have at least one lawyer who is included in Best Lawyers. Eight Sowell Gray members – Becky Laffitte, Betsy Gray, Biff Sowell, Bobby Stepp, Cal Watson, Grady Beard, Monty Todd and Tina Cundari – were highlighted in ten practice areas in that publication. Betsy Gray was honored as “Bet the Company” Litigation Lawyer of the Year and Becky Laffitte was named Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year.
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA
- Veteran tax attorney Timothy Thompson joins Robinson Gray law firm
- Beth Richardson joins Spring 2019 Class of Diversity Leaders Initiative
- Celeste Bowers joins board of Palmetto Land Title Association
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named Super Lawyers; five named Rising Stars
- Ashley Johnson joins Columbia’s Design Development and Review Commission