Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC has been ranked among the nation’s most prominent law firms in key practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers, a publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation.
Sowell Gray was recognized as a Tier One law firm in the areas of: commercial litigation; insurance law; personal injury litigation – defendants; and workers’ compensation law – employers. The firm was also recognized in the areas of litigation – construction and product liability litigation – defendants.
“Best Law Firms” ranks more than 11,000 firms in 120 practice areas in 170 metropolitan areas and eight states. Rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes client and lawyer evaluations and peer review from leading attorneys in the same practice areas.
To be eligible for a ranking, a law firm must have at least one lawyer who is included in Best Lawyers. Eight Sowell Gray members – Becky Laffitte, Betsy Gray, Biff Sowell, Bobby Stepp, Cal Watson, Grady Beard, Monty Todd and Tina Cundari – were highlighted in ten practice areas in that publication. Betsy Gray was honored as “Bet the Company” Litigation Lawyer of the Year and Becky Laffitte was named Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year.
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation
- Lisle Traywick joins the board of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Beth Richardson sworn in as president of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Check out our workers’ compensation calculators
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class