Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC has been rated as a first-tier metropolitan firm in Best Law Firms, a US News-Best Lawyers publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation.
Sowell Gray was recognized as a Tier One law firm in four areas: commercial litigation; insurance law; personal injury litigation – defendants; and workers’ compensation law – employers. The firm was also recognized in the areas of product liability litigation – defendants; and litigation – construction.
Best Law Firms rankings come after a rigorous evaluation that includes client and lawyer evaluations and peer review from leading attorneys in the same practice areas. Clients evaluate firms on benchmarks, such as responsiveness, understanding of a business and its needs, cost-effectiveness, civility and whether they would refer another client to a firm. Law firms in the same practice areas assessed peers in areas including integrity, cost-effectiveness, whether they would refer a matter to a firm and whether they consider a firm worthy competition.
To be eligible for a ranking, a law firm must have at least one lawyer who is included in Best Lawyers. Seven Sowell Gray members – Grady Beard, Betsy Gray, Becky Laffitte, Biff Sowell, Bobby Stepp, Monty Todd and Cal Watson – were highlighted in nine practice areas in that publication.
The law firm rankings appeared in a November edition of the U.S. News, as well as in a special publication going to 30,000 general counsels in the U.S. and at http://bestlawfirms.usnews.com/.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?