COLUMBIA, SC – Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC proudly announces Jasmine Smith has joined the firm as an associate.
Jasmine graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2012, where she received CALI Awards for Excellence in Individual Employment Law and Criminal Law. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Psychology in 2004 and a master’s degree in Counseling in 2007, both from the University of South Carolina.
Prior to joining Sowell Gray, Jasmine served as a staff attorney and judicial law clerk for both the Honorable John D. Geathers and the Honorable Jasper M. Cureton at the South Carolina Court of Appeals.
Jasmine is a member of the South Carolina Bar, currently serving as co-chair of the Leadership Academy Committee and Young Lawyers Division Voices Against Violence Committee. She also chairs the Website Development Subcommittee of the Attorney Wellness Committee, and is a member of the Young Lawyers Division Color of Justice Committee, Law Related Education Committee, and Communications and Website Redesign Committee.
Jasmine has twice received the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter and was named an American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Scholar.
Jasmine will focus her practice at Sowell Gray on workers’ compensation defense.
- Robinson Gray’s Beth Burke Richardson named to receive Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 2020 Best Law Firms in America
- Haigler named to prestigious Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Beard and Till Poteat co-author latest edition of authoritative book on workers’ compensation
- Lisle Traywick joins the board of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Beth Richardson sworn in as president of the South Carolina Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Check out our workers’ compensation calculators
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate