The 38th Annual SCWCEA Conference Wrap-up, including the importance of file review during the first 150 days of a claim
By Bob Horner The Sowell Gray Stepp and Laffitte workers’ compensation team recently attended the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (SCWCEA) 38th Annual Educational Conference in Hilton Head, South Carolina. The Annual Conference is designed to educate those who are involved in workers’ compensation claims in the state, including attorneys, employers, and claims’ adjusters. […]
Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC has been ranked among the nation’s most prominent law firms in key practice areas by U.S. News – Best Lawyers, a publication that recognizes the top practices in the nation, including four Tier One rankings. Sowell Gray was recognized as a Tier One law firm in four areas: commercial litigation; […]
Sowell Gray’s team raised over $3390 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk! Many thanks to our generous family, friends and colleagues who helped us reach our goal. We had a great time participating in this special event!
Grady Beard, a member of Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, has been elected to the Board of Directors of SCWCEA. Beard was unanimously elected by the board to fill an unexpired seat. SCWCEA is a non-profit organization of over 800 workers’ compensation professionals in South Carolina that conducts educational programs and provides educational resources […]
By Ben Gooding When I first started at the South Carolina Court of Appeals, a fellow law clerk described my new place of employment as a “written court.” At that time, the description didn’t make much sense to me. However, over the next two years, I discovered the description was actually quite fitting. While parties […]
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys again named Super Lawyers; while 5 named Rising Stars
- COVID-19 and the new remote deposition: Tips for success
- COVID-19 and civil litigation in South Carolina
- COVID-19 and small business, part III: The CARES Act – what it means for small business
- COVID-19 and small business, part II: The SBA – current relief and new relaxed guidelines
- Robinson Gray associate Lisle Traywick named to SC Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll
- COVID-19 and small business, part I: The status of government incentives and what they may mean for your business
- COVID-19 telecommuting and workers’ comp claims: How can employers minimize risks?