COLUMBIA, S.C. – Attorneys Ben Gooding and Ashley Johnson, both associates with Robinson Gray law firm, have been named as among the Best and Brightest community leaders under 35 by Columbia Business Monthly.
The magazine said they were being named to the 2019 class of Best & Brightest for “for their excellence in both career and community work.” They will be featured in the magazine’s September issue, and they, along with the other young leaders named, will be honored at a ceremony on Tuesday, Sept. 25th at The Palmetto Club in Columbia.
“We’re very proud of Ashley and Ben as up-and-coming attorneys who provide great value to our clients,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member, “and even prouder to see their community involvement receive this kind of recognition.”
Ashley’s practice at Robinson Gray focuses on workers’ compensation. Ashley has also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable DeAndrea Gist Benjamin of the Fifth Judicial Circuit. Her involvement in the community is extensive. She serves on Columbia City Council’s Design Development and Review Commission, mentors first-year law students, is on the boards of SC Whitmore School and Columbia Bethlehem Community Center, and is involved with the Junior League of Columbia and Junior Achievement.
Ben focuses his practice in the areas of appellate advocacy, professional negligence, and commercial litigation. His business litigation practice covers a wide variety of business disputes, including banking litigation, legal actions between members of an LLC, commercial landlord/tenant disputes and securities arbitration. His community involvement includes service on the boards of both Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Columbia and the South Carolina Wildlife Federation.
- Robinson Gray named to top tier in 11 practice areas by Best Law Firms 2022
- Ben Gooding elected to John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Brandon Rattray joins Robinson Gray law firm as associate
- Robinson Gray’s La’Jessica Stringfellow joins Leadership Columbia class of 2022
- Beard and Stringfellow named as recipients of 2021 Leadership in Law Awards
- For 2022, Best Lawyers honors 22 at Robinson Gray, two named Lawyers of the Year
- Kelly Morrow completes Furman University’s Women’s Leadership Institute
- Nine Robinson Gray attorneys honored as among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2021