COLUMBIA, S.C. – Attorneys Ben Gooding and Ashley Johnson, both associates with Robinson Gray law firm, have been named as among the Best and Brightest community leaders under 35 by Columbia Business Monthly.
The magazine said they were being named to the 2019 class of Best & Brightest for “for their excellence in both career and community work.” They will be featured in the magazine’s September issue, and they, along with the other young leaders named, will be honored at a ceremony on Tuesday, Sept. 25th at The Palmetto Club in Columbia.
“We’re very proud of Ashley and Ben as up-and-coming attorneys who provide great value to our clients,” said Cal Watson, the law firm’s managing member, “and even prouder to see their community involvement receive this kind of recognition.”
Ashley’s practice at Robinson Gray focuses on workers’ compensation. Ashley has also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable DeAndrea Gist Benjamin of the Fifth Judicial Circuit. Her involvement in the community is extensive. She serves on Columbia City Council’s Design Development and Review Commission, mentors first-year law students, is on the boards of SC Whitmore School and Columbia Bethlehem Community Center, and is involved with the Junior League of Columbia and Junior Achievement.
Ben focuses his practice in the areas of appellate advocacy, professional negligence, and commercial litigation. His business litigation practice covers a wide variety of business disputes, including banking litigation, legal actions between members of an LLC, commercial landlord/tenant disputes and securities arbitration. His community involvement includes service on the boards of both Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Columbia and the South Carolina Wildlife Federation.
- Attorney Chris Boguski joins Robinson Gray as associate
- Ashley Johnson and Ben Gooding named among ‘Best & Brightest’ for 2019
- Lisle Traywick named to 2020 Leadership Columbia class
- 17 Robinson Gray attorneys named ‘Best Lawyers’ for 2020; Betsy Gray and Frank Ellerbe honored as ‘Lawyers of the Year’
- Seven Robinson Gray attorneys named among ‘Legal Elite’ for 2019
- Robinson Gray Member Beth Richardson recognized as a 2019 Woman of Influence
- New measure sets flat, predictable fees in Register of Deeds offices in SC
- Robinson Gray again named as ‘Band 1’ firm in general commercial litigation by Chambers USA