Areas of Focus
Amanda focuses her practice on workers’ compensation defense.
She represents businesses, insurance companies, third-party administrators and self-insured employers before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and has assisted with arguments before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of South Carolina. Amanda is a member of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association. Greenville Business Magazine has recognized Amanda's work in the area of Workers' Compensation, naming her to the 'Legal Elite of the Upstate' list.
- Represented self-insured employers in various industries for work related claims involving medically complex injuries.
- Litigated claims involving alleged severe brain injuries and other catastrophic injuries involving potential lifetime benefits.
- Successfully defended against alleged repetitive trauma injuries.
- Successfully defended against alleged occupational disease injuries or conditions.
- Represented Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) in work related injuries.
- Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite of the Upstate – Workers’ Compensation (2020)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (2024)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section Council
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Board Member (2023-Present)
- Kids’ Chance of South Carolina
- Former board member
- Upstate Multiple Sclerosis Lock-Up Participant
- South Carolina Bar
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Clemson University, B.A. in Political Science (2003)