Areas of Focus
Brandon focuses his practice on workers’ compensation defense.
A native of Greenville, South Carolina, Brandon earned his bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from the University of South Carolina. He majored in criminology and criminal justice and minored in both Spanish and business administration. Brandon received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law, from which he graduated in the top 20% of his class. He was the senior articles editor for the American Bar Association’s Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal at USC, and was also a CALI award recipient for Trial Advocacy and Accounting for Attorneys. [read more]
While in law school Brandon clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s office in Columbia, as well as for private firms in Columbia and Greenville, focusing on workers’ compensation and insurance subrogation.
In his free time, Brandon enjoys giving back in the community through Meals on Wheels and CASA. He is also an avid skier, Spartan trifecta medal recipient, and proud dog-dad.
- Represented state agencies in uninsured employer claims with complex coverage/policy issues.
- Successfully represented employers and insurance companies in efficient and effective settlement of complex claims.
- Represented insured employers in multiple workers’ compensation death claims with mandatory mediation requirements.
- Hearsay Exception or Elimination: An Update on South Carolina Senate Bill S.366 and Its Workers’ Compensation Ramifications
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Guardian ad Litem for Richland County CASA
- “Meals-on-Wheels” volunteer delivery driver
- South Carolina Bar
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2021
- Dean’s List
- CALI Award recipient– Accounting for Attorneys and Trial Advocacy
- Golden Spade Award recipient
- Research Assistant — Professor F. Ladson Boyle
- Senior Articles Editor
- University of South Carolina, B.A. in Criminology and Criminal Justice, magna cum laude, 2018
- Minors: Spanish and Business Administration
- Associate Justice of the Constitutional Council
- Student Body Senator