Areas of Focus
Gibbs focuses his practice in the area of workers’ compensation defense.
Since 2005, Gibbs has represented employers, carriers, and self-insured employers. He has practiced before the state trial courts, appellate courts, and South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. In addition to being a board member of the South Carolina Employers Advocacy Association, he is a member of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association and the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network.
- Represented municipalities and counties in defense of SC WC cases.
- Successfully argued workers compensation cases before the SC Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in drafting an Amicus Brief to the Supreme Court that resulted in favorable decision for employer/carriers related to mental injury claims.
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division “Star of the Quarter” (2009-2010)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (2021-2023)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Thomas W. Cooper, Jr. of the Third Judicial Circuit of South Carolina (2004-2005)
- Richland County Bar Association
- National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- South Carolina Employers Advocacy Association
- Board Member
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- Robinson Gray 20 Years Strong Service Project: BBQ & Fellowship
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Justice Jam Committee
- Co-Chair (2008-2010)
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- U. S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- Wofford College, B.A., cum laude (1997)